put engine in and having trouble with gauges.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94whitechevy

Reaction score
I put my new engine in and now am having trouble with the gauges on start up. When i turn the ignition on the temp gauge pegs. I am thinking this a grounding issue.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what year and if it only does it when you first turn ignition on its normal

94whitechevy

Reaction score
94 chevy and it does not go back and engine is backfiring. was wondering about where the grounds are suppose to be on the engine. I lost all my photos of what the engine bay loked like before i pulled the engine and that was two years ago. Was wondering about photos where the ground go.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if I remember some of them, passenger side engine to firewall, pass side eng to frame in front. small wire on neg batt cable to fender, two on the t-stat housing. places to check anyway, you got unhooked wires left?

gnrl

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
it's normal for the water gage to peg when in key is in start/run. However, it should not when in run.

IDK if its grounds but there should be 2 or 3. One goes to the bellhousing bolt/stud on the passenger side, one goes near the accessory bracket. You can always put more random grounds in a few places. It wont hurt anything and only help out your situation (if you think engine grounds are a problem).

94whitechevy

Reaction score
@454ss i have those grounds done and hooked up with new cables. The main ground i have run to the engine block down by the harmonic balancer. That is one that i am worried about.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock-530