Possessed 1990 k2500 Electrical Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMTJustin

Reaction score
Had my project 1990 k2500 sitting for a while because it wouldn't start. It had little or no fuel pressure. It has a 5.7 350 tbi. Today I pulled it out of my yard into my driveway so I can have better access when working on it. However, I went to turn it over to check out how much fuel pressure and it wouldn't turn over. Before it sat it would turn over, but I disconnected the battery since I wouldnt have time for it. Any ideas as to why it wont turn over now? Is it a wire from positive terminal to battery or ground, or could it be a part thats gone bad? I checked fuses under steering column and all seem okay

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any noises like a rapid clicking? Battery charged? I know GMs tend to get freaky when the battery voltage is low.
If everything works lights dash etc do you hear the fuel pump pressurize?

One thing it could be is a stuck starter relay. Tap the starter and the relay with the butt of a hammer. Lightly. Have someone turn the key if you can.