Pls help! Acceleration problem!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jesusv132

Reaction score
My truck idles revs and runs fine but when i punch the gas it wants to back fire and it doesnt take off it wants to stall? Already changed fuel filter . It never did this until about a week ago . Happens everytime punch the gas it wont take off .

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck idles revs and runs fine but when i punch the gas it wants to back fire and it doesnt take off it wants to stall? Already changed fuel filter . It never did this until about a week ago . Happens everytime punch the gas it wont take off .
Can you provide further information? Engine size, year of vehicle, other symptoms, past work, etc.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Jesusv132

Reaction score
383 stroker , 95 silverado . Only symptoms its been having that started a week ago

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Backfires point to valves, have you checked timing? Have you done anything to it in the past couple weeks?

Jesusv132

Reaction score
Backfires point to valves, have you checked timing? Have you done anything to it in the past couple weeks?

Not really back firing but like if it wants to it just holds itself back as soon as i punch the gas and it doesnt take off . This has never happened havent done nothing to it in the past week .

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
383 stroker , 95 silverado . Only symptoms its been having that started a week ago
Is it carbed or FI. A TBI?? Did you check the timming? What distributor are you running? Could be ignition related. Also have you checked your fuel pressure?

Jesusv132

Reaction score
Is it carbed or FI. A TBI?? Did you check the timming? What distributor are you running? Could be ignition related. Also have you checked your fuel pressure?
Fi, never had a issue with timing havent checked fuel pressure yet but its always ran fine until last weekend it started doing this

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not really back firing but like if it wants to it just holds itself back as soon as i punch the gas and it doesnt take off . This has never happened havent done nothing to it in the past week .
If it's not backfiring, but stumbling, that's more than likely a fuel or air delivery issue. Check fuel pressure and vacuum. If the issue is primarily during heavy acceleration, monitor it during a drive and see what you notice.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If it's not backfiring, but stumbling, that's more than likely a fuel or air delivery issue. Check fuel pressure and vacuum. If the issue is primarily during heavy acceleration, monitor it during a drive and see what you notice.

X2. You can use an unlight propane bottle, with the valve cracked open, running this over the intake and vacuum lines with the engine at idle. If theres a leak, the engine will suck in the propane, and the engine will speed up.