P0142

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
normal everyday driving, does it shift fine?

Yupp, shifts perfect when driving normal, last few times its even shifted good at WOT, its been running a little better as well. do you think it could be the computer? also can the Torque converter slip? because when it screws up it still shifts firm and no lag between shifts or anything, it will just rev too fast (like its slipping) shift to early, drop down a gear because i'm still wot and it shifted early, do it again, then stay in gear a lug its way up to speed when it finally picks a gear. i was also wondering about your maf and TB, did porting them help any? with the cai oubviously, i'm taking mine out to clean them real good and i figured when there out its not a big deal to port them.
thanks for all the help

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
um it can be a torque converter sipping but before itd be the converter slippping itd be the torque converter lock up solenoid going out, which take 30 minutes to fix and i could walk you through it, and as far as the MAF sensor and ported throttle body.....im debating on it because it seems like since i ported them ive been running extremely lean, now if thats because of the porting or not, i do not know, i dont see how considering that they sell ported throttle bodys and ported MAF sensors, i work a **** ton of hours and dont have much time off but when i do im going to the junk yard and getting another throttle body and MAF sensor to see if it makes any difference

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
The torque converter locks up fine, almost as hard as second gear actually. but that would make sense if it is intermitant, like at wot it thinks it should lock up or something. I didnt port my maf or tb, i did clean them a bit, ran some seafoam through after and didnt notice a bit of diference. seafoam didnt even smoke hardly. I think i'll do up a better intake but leave my tb and maf for now, it feels like i'm running pretty rich the way i am setup now. i'll let you know about my trans too, its been perfectly fine the last week so i dunno.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

By Hezsus at 2011-04-01

You must be registered for see images

By hezsus at 2011-04-01

Heres My cam and build sheet for the engine, mabye someone can chime in with how it was rebuilt, i dunno what most of it means.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
you know it sounds like maybe your computer nd transmission are going in and out of limp mode? just a thought. specs look badass, the size of the cam doesnt give you any lean trouble? and the throttle body is worth doing because you can just take it off and grind as much as you want off of it but i wouldnt do the MAF sensor again, my hole MAF sensor took about 5 hours total, i had to take it apart and take a hack saw and cut put as much as i could and then take a grinder to the rest, but the throttle body was worth it

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
That sounds good, i'll probably do the tb then, 5hrs on my maf dont sound like fun at all lol. as far as it running and shifting, its been fine the last like week/200k no cel or anything, idle is better, and its not lagging or searching for gears. so i'm pretty much stumped on that part, i guess i can just hope it was 2 tanks of bad gas or something lol.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
its rediculous with these engines sometimes, i had a bad cam shaft position sensor, and it made my truck run so bad that i swear if i dynoed it, i wou have had between 10-15 horsepower, i mean you could just have a sensor issue and thatll make it run like doo doo

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
yeah, i had a bad tps on a ford car, it'd only run up to 1000 rpm.. no more.. not even in park floored.. sometimes i wonder how much better/if better some of these sensors and efi really are.