P0142

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
when running good its got a bit of a rough idle, nothing too bad though, my K&N filter is brand new, i will check the maf though, also my O2 wire was extended (i used an old sensor and a new sensor and make my connections quite well.. doubled checked there already, could be up iun the hard wiring though

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
even still i have 4 bad O2 sensors and it doesnt run that bad, maybe 10% power loss total, check your engine 1 fuse in your fuse block, if its blown then it could be a short, and almost all your major sensors run off that fuse, i have a O2 sensor wire grounding itself and blowing that fuse and i got reall ****** performance so after i fixed that ground it was fine

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
May be a dumb question but are you talking about the cans of air or a different type of solvent? I was told the same thing by another person but they were not sure on what can be used to clean it.

Its electronics cleaner from your local parts store. Its a solvent kinda like carb cleaner. Did your problems start after you extended the wires for that o2 sensor? I think its a heated sensor and I seem to recall people having problems with them if they move them back too far from the motor and/or extend the wires. You might want to research that.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
i will have to look into that, there in my collectors, i have hooker Lt's. Last ngiht i was towing a trailer (bout 8000lbs). and she was not lovin it. on the way down i got a P1080 (i think) it was MAP sensor high voltage, cleared it and it came back, cleared that one and it never even came back in pending.. altough i had a transmission components slipping in the pending codes. I noticed when i got on a flat road towing my fuel trims stayed between -1 and 1, barely moving, MPG dropped to about 6 or 7.
Before i had my O2 sensor hooked up how it is now i was running an old one extended with some old trailer wiring and side by side clamps. ran better than it dies now.
When towing it pulled about as good as our Stock 5.7l vans (there 2500 and 3500 series and weigh about 2000lbs more than my truck).
This weekend i'm gonna look into everything a little more, i'm gonna order some new exhaust gaskets and mandrel bent pcs, hopefully i can at least get it quieted down. then tear into the valve covers and give everything a little snugging. Hopefully then it wont sound like its gonna blow the **** up everytime i tow.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
i hate the P1080 code, ive been through 4 trannys in my truck and about 1500 miles ago i rebuilt my tranny using upgraded parts, and i know i did everything perfectly and it functions perfect but everyonce in a while i get that damn code

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
Yeah i had the trans code in the pending again today, but no other code. now its running all over the place. was fine when i started it today, drove it a little bit and now its idling at like 1200 rpm all the time.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
if you wanna head up this way, we can hook the snap on up to it and see whats going on

Thanks, i'll have to tough it out for now tho, my mechanic will charge me like 20-40$ (or free mabye since my old man just dropped 50k on a new 2500). cheaper than the gas i'd spend getting to you. and i think i'm gonna spend the day fixing all my other problems lol

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
Plus today it ran perfectly fine, shifted good and everything.. which is even more agrivating lol. i'll clean the maf, check for leaks, clean the TB and sensors. hopefully it keeps running like it did this mornnig. i'm thinking i just dosent like 9000lb tarilers lol