offset wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheLow1

Reaction score
first time user to this great site, im in need of the proper offset wheels to fit under my 89 2wd c1500, with a 4/6 drop. im lookin to git a set of 20's that will tuck behind the fenders front and back, but i need the proper offset dimensions for the front, and the different set of dimensions for the back. any help on this will be greatly appreciated! \

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I beleive backspace is more what you want to look at and not soo much the offset. But I'm no help not sure what you'd need but one thing that may help is what size tires you want or plan? Or at least what width wheels? 8's? 10's? 9's? what?

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, the backspacing you want is going to depend totally on how wide of wheels you're looking at.

For an 8" wheel, 5" backspacing would be good. For a 10" wheel, 7" would keep the front side of the wheel the same as the 8" wheel.

For the front I would stick with the 5" bs on an 8" wheel, but you might be able to get away with 4.5". On the rear, since you're only going 4/6, you can get away with less backspacing if you'd like a deeper dish on the wheel. I have 20x10s on the rear of mine with 6" backspacing. They really should have been 7" backspacing, but I like the deep look they have. My truck is bagged, but not laying frame. If I reworked the rear to go any lower, those wheels wouldn't work.

1996*GMC*SHORTBED

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OBS Wheel Backspacing...

Over the years, I've learned that you only need to concentrate on one measurement, for the most part, with regards to OBS wheel fitment. And that is, to allow no more than 3" of rim protrude outboard of the wheel mounting surface. This applies to 15" diameter wheels on up. Keep this 3" in mind when shopping for any wheel, be they for the front, or the rear of the truck.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Over the years, I've learned that you only need to concentrate on one measurement, for the most part, with regards to OBS wheel fitment. And that is, to allow no more than 3" of rim protrude outboard of the wheel mounting surface.

That's not a set-in-stone rule seeing as how I've got 4" of front spacing on my rear wheels.

TheLow1

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys, sorry my computer has a hard time staying logged on to this site for some reason. only logs me on sometimes and not others. id like to run 20's front and back, with 8.5 for width up front and 9's in the back, well i guess the back width really doesnt matter as long as its not to wide. im not to picky. im trying to locate a company that has my bolt pattern and axle size, but can stagger the backspacing and still have the same lookin wheel. proving challenging lol.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im trying to locate a company that has my bolt pattern and axle size, but can stagger the backspacing and still have the same lookin wheel. proving challenging lol.

If you're looking for an off-the-shelf wheel that will meet your specs, then yeah, it's going to be tough. But the major billet wheel companies build their wheels to order, so you can get what you want. That's how my 19x8 and 20x10 setup was done. Boyd Coddington, Intro, B.A.D., etc...they all build to order.