NSA? Illuminati? Both?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have that same headunit in my 97, except without the CD player. Excellent headunit for the money, just a little hard to read the display in sunlight.

That is its biggest drawback... and it has that in common with just about every other aftermarket radio in the price range. Offsetting that it has two banks of presets and there are not that many stations I want to listen to so I can go by "feel" with no problem. One other thing the OP may want to do is change out the factory speakers which tend to crap out about the same time the radio does.

When I replaced mine I discover that NONE of the four speakers would work at all... completely dead. I used el cheapo generic replacements which sound pretty decent. I am not into high volume or booming bass, but for everyday listening the Kenwood and new speakers work very well. One other thing it has is a USB port which will serve to charge a phone or accept a memory card with several hundred of your favorite Mp3's .

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Never had the radio go wonky like that, but I did have the AC stop blowing cold on low and start blowing full hot in OK in June. Swinging the knobs did nothing, but after I filled the tank and got going again it was fine and hasn't done it since.