nother Texan..... 88 C3500 ECDRW Choo Choo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paul curtis

Reaction score
yea, last I heard Spring Creek was still closed, theres a couple of other new offroad parks around, but I havnt been to any of em.
I really feel bad for Sherman, all things considered, he was doing pretty well at A&M. I dont know what the A&M brass has been thinking for the last decade or so. Hiring Sherman was the best thing theyd done since firing Slocum. I know alot of Aggie fans feel theyve been slighted by the Big 12 and feel theyve been screw by UT, but I have a sneaking suspicion that in a few years they are going to bemoan leaving the Big 12. a couple of 2 win seasons will see to that.

as for the dually, it doesnt see much road time anymore, ive got a 96 Lumina DD for that. its got a few issues, I think the Throttle Body needs to be rebuilt, or its got a vacuum leak that I cant find, because its Idling really high.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Ya Spring Creek is shut down. They got him by saying they were gonna turn the area into a "nature reserve" or something. The owner actually only owned the front part with the mud pit and the rock area and then when you went back down the trails you were off his property so that didn't help his case much. I went to his last big blowout 2 years ago and it was a fun time but they had to have all the trails closed off so it wasn't that great of a time.

I think one of the worst decisions A&M made is firing Sherman, not only because he really is a good coach but because with them going to the SEC it is probably not wise to start with a brand new coach. Also last I checked I believe that Sumlin was on the top of their list, someone who is from Conference USA is simply not going to be able to stand up to the SEC and I don't care if he had an amazingly lucky season this year.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Dirtyhick, you go to many Aggie games? Although A&M is in for some ass kickins the next few years, don't pass up on trips to LSU, Auburn, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Ole Miss....skip Vandy, Miss State, South Carolina, Kentucky, and Arkansas.

Georgia, Ole Miss, and LSU can be particularly fun, even when the sh*t gets beat out of your football team. Athens, GA, is a hell of a bar town (like 70 something bars within a square mile...its pretty badass), the Grove at Ole Miss is a really good relaxed Southern time, and well LSU, stay in New Orleans in the Quarter!

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Dirtyhick, you go to many Aggie games? Although A&M is in for some ass kickins the next few years, don't pass up on trips to LSU, Auburn, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Ole Miss....skip Vandy, Miss State, South Carolina, Kentucky, and Arkansas.

Georgia, Ole Miss, and LSU can be particularly fun, even when the sh*t gets beat out of your football team. Athens, GA, is a hell of a bar town (like 70 something bars within a square mile...its pretty badass), the Grove at Ole Miss is a really good relaxed Southern time, and well LSU, stay in New Orleans in the Quarter!

Too cheap to go to games so I just tailgate or the free beer and food at the greek tailgates. I grew up in Georgia and have been to Athens a few times so I know what it is like there. I have also lived in Nashville and my sister works for Vandy and while yes they suck, Nashville is still a fun place. As for LSU, I would want to kill myself so I would just go to NO and stay on Bourbon Street the whole time like I do everytime I go to Louisiana.

paul curtis

Reaction score
Oh and I forgot to mention, sweet truck man. Love the old school vibe it has.

thanks man, nice to see someone noticed, thats what I was going for. I even got my hands on some old school pink KC lite covers for it on, only used those when we would go to the lake. wish I had taken some pictures of it all cleaned up with the pinkies on it at the lake.
I dont know how much longer im going to own it, theres a guy interested in it and all it does most of the time now is sit under my fathers carport and guard the house.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
How long have you had it? With it only having 80k, thats a gem for that year, or really any 400. I wish I could find one with under 100k.

paul curtis

Reaction score
Ive had it 3 years, 3rd owner, 2nd owner was the grandson of the man who bought it. I really want to keep it, but its hard to turn down good green money when I look at it and see all the stuff Ive got to fix and want to upgrade.
the front end needs a total rebuild, needs new tires, wanting to upgrade to a 4L80 with 3;73s and go with a 4 barrell injection system with TPI injectors if I keep it

paul curtis

Reaction score
and, yes, the lights to work, and they actually get used more than I thought they would. I learned a neat trick with em too, I can turn off street lamps.
You must be registered for see images

and since I brought it up, the pinkies:
You must be registered for see images attach