no go:(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i drove it again today and it was fine for a while then it started slipping and making a grinding noise. when i pulld into my driveway and shifted to park it shut off. guess its time to get it rebuilt :( ive got the stock small cooler on the front. when i get it rebuilt im going to get the biggest cooler i can fit along with a deeper pan with drain plug. going to get gauge pod on a pillar and do a trans temp gauge as well. need to see how much it would cost to get it rebuilt. thinking since im going to get that done are there any upgrades i can get them to install?

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
That sucks man sorry to hear that

Sent front my 6.0 powered android

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
find a junkyard 4l80e, much better than that 60

but there are full rebuild/upgrade kits out there for the 60e, some are pricey some are fairly inexpensive

i know stronger clutchs, upgraded sunshell and a few other things are a must if you are rebuilding it

trailer-trash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my experience with a rebuild wasnt all that great....my gm performance parts tranny is flawless...over 100k on it and no issues.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
all of the lines look intact. just the only time i lost fluid was when it came out of the vent tube. im going to rebuild it possibly or sell the motor and tires and everything and make it a project and get a car thats good on gas. how hard would the 4l80e swap be in it?

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
getting it towed to my work tomorrow. its werid i drove it 2 times and the second it started slipping and acting up then i tried it again another day and nothing and today i mved it outa my driveway. going to figure out tomorrow whats up. would yall reccoment getting it rebuilt or finding a junkyard trans