New from Maine!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dave2662

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I have a 99 chevrolet 1500 classic, i bought it stock when i was 16 and have done quite alot to it. I am loving this forum because its all OBS

attachment.php

attachment.php

I will take a picture of it all cleaned up when the body work is done!

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice truck, and welcome, There are 1/2 ton 99 obs, because in late 98 there was a large strike at gm, and all the truck's that were sitting there when the strike was over became 99 obs, but when you go in a part's store you just about have to tell them it's a 98 because they usually never figure it out, and they try to sell you parts for nbs.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought all '99+ 1/2 tons were the NBS?? :think:

99 Classics were basically left overs lol. same thing with the 07 Classics.

To Dave - Welcome, and nice truck, Body Lift and tires may be what I need to do next.

dave2662

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice truck, and welcome, There are 1/2 ton 99 obs, because in late 98 there was a large strike at gm, and all the truck's that were sitting there when the strike was over became 99 obs, but when you go in a part's store you just about have to tell them it's a 98 because they usually never figure it out, and they try to sell you parts for nbs.

Thanks! and yea it sucks when my dad orders parts for me when im its always for the 99 haha, i think he finally learned tho.

dave2662

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
99 Classics were basically left overs lol. same thing with the 07 Classics.

To Dave - Welcome, and nice truck, Body Lift and tires may be what I need to do next.

thanks alot man! body lift was a simple upgrade and very cheap.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do you think i should get rid of that molding?

no question. I did it long ago. Be thankful you don't have the chrome rocker guards - because that is one of the reasons I have my rockers lined now - to hide the fact that i peeled clear coat off.