Need to move and change HVAC contrrols

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scorpio82

Reaction score
If anyone can help me out with this it would be great. I need to move the HVAC controls on my 93 RCSB from the stock location on the dash into the overhead center console I got out of a 98 Suburban with rear HVAC controls. I'd like to use the controls that are already in it. Can anyone out there tell me how to wire it up or if it's even possible?

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
they wont fit in the ohc you can use the controls that come in the ohc but you will loose ac button and defrost. most people doube din those in the dash were the vents are. another option is if you a center console you can relocate the controls to it

scorpio82

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys, but I'm pretty determined to make the overhead controls work. I've got a buddy that works in aircraft avionics so this weekend we're going to dig into some wiring schematics and try to piece it together. Right now though, i've got it mounted up. It took some trimming though, like a 1/4" off the front lip and removing the plastic shrouding behind the map lights since it pushes against the inner roof skin, even after cutting out a section of headliner for it. Now to figure out how to post pics up on this thing so I can show you guys how it turns out....

scorpio82

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
After it's wired up, I'll dye everything black and add some brushed aluminum vinyl wrap like I have on some of the other interior pieces