Need to find my factory paint code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DanB

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I tried searching but could not find the answer.

I bought a cowl hood and roll pan for my sport. How can I find the factory paint code so I paint it correctly to match the rest.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I tried searching but could not find the answer.

I bought a cowl hood and roll pan for my sport. How can I find the factory paint code so I paint it correctly to match the rest.
I believe it's in the RPO codes in the glove box.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
amazing. thanks man! educate me for a second. how did you pull the paint code out of that list?
Look up RPO codes for GM, it'll list A LOT of them, but there's a pattern to most of it. The first character tells you what you should be looking for and the codes on the sticker are in alphabetical order. The codes with numbers first are typically color codes. That left only a handful of your codes to sort through before I found the exterior color code. Double check with a Google search, and that paint code was avaliable for GM trucks in that year range.

DanB

Reaction score
Look up RPO codes for GM, it'll list A LOT of them, but there's a pattern to most of it. The first character tells you what you should be looking for and the codes on the sticker are in alphabetical order. The codes with numbers first are typically color codes. That left only a handful of your codes to sort through before I found the exterior color code. Double check with a Google search, and that paint code was avaliable for GM trucks in that year range.

right on. cheers mate

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
AU3 power door locks,3.08 gear set. heavy duty engine cooling, the rest you can figure out

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
right on. cheers mate
Yeah, when you're bored sometime you can decide everything on these things with those codes. Some useful, some not, but you'll want to check those every now and then. Saved me from buying the wrong rear diff gasket and the wrong brake parts too. Keep that photo handy when you're buying parts.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Side note regarding the RPO codes, GM re-used a lot of them over the years so they don't always mean the same thing. If you want a 100% accurate breakdown of all the RPOs as they pertain to your specific vehicle, you can pay $5 for a lookup on compnine.com. They'll also tell you how many trucks were made with specific options that year and lots of other cool stuff.

https://www.compnine.com/vid.php