Need some help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OBS ROCK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey I'm trying to decide what I want to do about my truck!
I have the base model 96 silverado extra cab.
It has the v6 4.3L with no power windows or locks.
I'm just trying to decide if I should sell the truck to buy another obs with v8 and power locks/windows
or should I put a v8 in and add power locks and windows?
Also I don't know how to do engine work so I would have to hire my dads friend, and pay him for it.

What do you guys think I should do?

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Honestly, your truck looks in amazing shape. Id do a 6L swap, get some power locks and windows and call it done. Its always better to stick with what you have because you know whats wrong with it and what youve done to it.

OBS ROCK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Honestly, your truck looks in amazing shape. Id do a 6L swap, get some power locks and windows and call it done. Its always better to stick with what you have because you know whats wrong with it and what youve done to it.

True, would that be a 6l from like nbs?

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah man, amazing motor. Great power, good mileage and the tuning potential is amazing. Even a 5.3 is good, wouldnt bother with a 4.8 because a 5.3 is the same price. I love my 350 TBI, great engine, 350,000+ kilometres, but there are better options that a 350 on the markets now, mainly the NBS engines.

OBS ROCK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah man, amazing motor. Great power, good mileage and the tuning potential is amazing. Even a 5.3 is good, wouldnt bother with a 4.8 because a 5.3 is the same price. I love my 350 TBI, great engine, 350,000+ kilometres, but there are better options that a 350 on the markets now, mainly the NBS engines.

Ok thanks!
Ill have to see what I can find around here. A 6l would be great for me because I tow sometimes and the 4.3 just doesnt pull enough for me.