Need some help here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95obschevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I finally broke down and ordered 35w hids, 5000k variety from ddmtuning for my low beams about a week or so ago. My problem is the headlight set I bought didnt have low beam glare caps in them :(. Im trying to decide what I should do about this because I dont want to just slap them in there and blind the hell out of every one on the road and risk getting a ticket for being the ****** with lights that glare all over the road. I do like the light set I have right now just wasnt thinking when I ordered this stuff. So just wondering what you guys would suggest? (different headlights, sell hids, get some sort of a glare cap etc)

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm interested in this also as my Anzos I got for christmas don't have glare caps either, I'm wondering if they just clip inside

95obschevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn nobody has any thoughts?? Maybe Il just aim them down or something. Ive heard that projectors other than proper retrofit kinda suck. And tyc's have glare caps but still have spotty output and glare because they are designed for halogens. Not sure what to do here

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You would have to pull the lights apart to install the caps, if you can find them seperate. In my elegante they bolt to the light. your best betis probably.to get a different set of lights. I still occasionally get flashed with mine (35w 4500k ddm) even with the glare caps and conservative aiming. They just plane bother some people no matter what. I have been in cars with factory hids and people flash us. You definately need the caps though if you dont want to swap lights then I would just sell the hids....

95obschevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You would have to pull the lights apart to install the caps, if you can find them seperate. In my elegante they bolt to the light. your best betis probably.to get a different set of lights. I still occasionally get flashed with mine (35w 4500k ddm) even with the glare caps and conservative aiming. They just plane bother some people no matter what. I have been in cars with factory hids and people flash us. You definately need the caps though if you dont want to swap lights then I would just sell the hids....

Thanks for the reply man, maybe il just sell them when they get here and be money ahead instead paying for a new set of headlights..Because if I was going to pop open my headlights it would be better to just retrofit but I think id rather just sell them at this point and recoup my money for a different mod.