NEED HELP: Trouble removing manual transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin95

Reaction score
Ok so I have been stuck a few days now on removing my transmission out of my 95 GMC. Its a manual and I have undone every thing that I can think of. My driveshaft, my stick shift, all the blots going into engine block from transmission, slave cylinder for my clutch, and the inspection cover all unbolted but not removed and the 2 lower brackets that connect to my transmission. It is stuck and it will not move at all I have kicked the end of it jacked it up and down and still will not move. I don't know what to do know. Any body got any ideas or know what to do? Thanks to anyone that can help.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok just making sure that you got the top 2. ive seen some people not take them out because they couldnt see them so they didn't know they where there. Which transmission is it. Is it the NV3500 or the NV4500.

Austin95

Reaction score
Ok just making sure that you got the top 2. ive seen some people not take them out because they couldnt see them so they didn't know they where there. Which transmission is it. Is it the NV3500 or the NV4500.
NV3500 and would it matter if it is in gear or neutral?

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It shouldn't. Ive pulled manuals with them in gear and in neutral. If i where to guess it might be getting hung up on the pilot bearing. Is there any gap between the bellhousing and the block?

Austin95

Reaction score
No they won't separate I thought might be that but wasn't sure if missing something.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
can you feel anything that might be keeping it from sliding back on the top side of the trans?