My "new" 94 K2500 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mybigwarwagon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought another one

Adding to my growing collection of Suburbans I stumbled into a deal on a 94 Suburban I couldn't pass up. The WarBeast is getting a bit well worn and has been doing a good job of towing even though it wasn't made for it. Not to mention that the engine is knocking, the rear end is the wrong gear ratio ( hey it was free so:shutup:), the drivers door is falling apart and the dash has mysteriously worked loose. And the biggie - the AC doesn't work and will require taking the lose dash out and replacing parts.

So enter the new Suburban - it has no name yet, I will have to wait until I find its character to name it. Anyhow on to the good stuff.

Important numbers 1994 454 4l80e (rebuilt 500k ago) 2500 14 (bolt) 3.73 (g)80 4(wd) 160(K)

You must be registered for see images attach

Yes the huge trailer is hooked to the LUV, it kept trying to wander off and I had to restrain it.

New axles for the trailer

It didn't even know that trailer was back there.

Hood needs paint

mybigwarwagon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
PO stuck on stupid Z71 stickers they have to go

Bubba approves

Tiny rust spot

Small dents

Drivers door needs repainting too.

mybigwarwagon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got her back from the tint shop Got it 5% in the back and 35% up front with a 6 inch visor.

Also managed to find a set of H2 wheels that I swapped and traded for.

mybigwarwagon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After a long hard day getting ready for the trip to Virginia. Had a long list of stuff that I needed to get done to the camper and truck to get them all ready. Had to rewire the camper plug which took wayyy too long and replace the tail lights ( sorry no pics).

Then had to replace the 7 pole plug on the truck because it was completely corroded.

Then the fun stuff
Jerked out the old buckets and stuck in a center console

and buckets out of a 96 Tahoe. They aren't perfect, but my back thinks they are great. I will find some covers for them soon.

Installed a brake controller

and a stereo.

Swapped the instrument panel for the one from the WarBeast and got rid of the knee banger tach.

The old dash panel was cracked and broke so I stuck the grey one from the WarBeast in there for the time being. That is why some of the switch delete plates are black and not gray. I have another Panel somewhere I just didn't have time to dig it up today.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good looking truck man, I like Burbs. I cant believe how many trucks Ive seen with cracked dashes, must be a problem with you boys in teh south, here in Alberta, Ive never seen it.

mybigwarwagon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I drove it about 400 miles to visit the mother-in-law with a 28 foot camper in tow. It tows like a locomotive and drinks like Lindsey Lohan. Not sure what kind of mileage I got because of the tire swap and not having things recalibrated yet. The dogs loved the open back, and the wife and I loved the AC. However, I do need to find some way to get more air circulating because the dogs were hot back there.
The seats were great. I didn't realize how much higher they sat until I drove all day looking through the tint strip on top of the windshield. I may have to have it cut back to 4 inches instead of 6.
I do miss cruise control, but I will live.
And after driving it about 250 miles the muffler got louder and deeper. I am guessing the exhaust is brand new and never got run in good. I did notice yesterday while I was under it that it has a 3 inch exhaust and factory manifolds.
Filling up on the way out

At a rest stop somewhere in VA

mybigwarwagon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After pulling the camper to Virginia and basically guessing what was beside me I had to find some towing mirrors. Hopped on Ebay and found this set for $50. I guess no one wanted them because they are bright red. One tip got broken in transit. I will be using a bit of JB Weld on it later and painting them black. Then they get mounted on the truck tomorrow in place of the broken cracked non adjustable ones that are on it now.

mybigwarwagon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got my towing mirrors on today. Had to enlarge the two bottom holes a bit and drill a new top hole and they fit great. It will be nice to see what is behind me.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Not bad at all, I wasn't to sure about those mirrors at first, but they turned out pretty nice on that beast.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Nice Suburban! My dad used to have a C2500 Burban, said it was like driving a school bus. We both loved it though, he hauled so much of his police+s.w.a.t crap in the back, it looked like he lived in it. Wish he hadnt sold it :(.