My new 1996 k2500 eclb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Got 4 very minor things done to the truck lately. Been using it pretty heavy, don't have much time to work on it right now (and it's cold out anyways).

Had a P0174 code for fuel trim too lean in bank 2. Figured it was a vacuum leak or o2. Turned out my air breather was off and cracked a little bit at the back of the tube (so you couldn't see it) just past the MAF sensor, allowing unmetered air into the throttle body, thus tripping the lean code and giving me poor power and mileage. My PCV hose was a little loose too so I got that snugged up with some electrical tape around the nipple. Cleared code, all is good.

New windshield wipers went on finally (it's only February after all...), removed the back up light off the bumper (still haven't got my new bumper on yet...:nono:) and got my Chevy banner on the tailgate, which calls for some pic *******.

You must be registered for see images attach

My '49 in the background, looking pissed off at the attention my '96 has been getting

In the dooryard with the cats, and my parts fleet. At least one of those trucks is going in the spring.

Sorry the truck is so dirty. Washing vehicles in -10 is difficult.
With a fresh coat of paint on the bed, new bumper, impact strips put on and some new 4x4 decals, I think she'll be looking pretty good. Mechanically I have no complaints about the truck. Got 10'000 kms since I bought it with no major trouble. Knock on wood.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Well I got so ambitious today after putting my tailgate on I decided to swap out the rear bumper for the chrome one I had on one of my parts trucks. It's dented a bit and needs a new step mat on the top, but it's not rusted out. I also undercoated the heck out of the reese hitch.
(Excuse the trailer brake connector that is attached with zipties, I didn't have a drill bit to make the holes to mount it up)

Stopped by the side of the road for a couple pics

Looking a little better

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Heater hose by the quick disconnect gave me trouble yesterday. Ended up with a nice bath of coolant all over the engine bay. Ended up disconnecting it, cutting and splicing it back together. Some kind of a system there, GM. Thanks.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Truck is coming along nicely. Too bad I didnt see you needing a good chrom rear bumper, I just sold the mint one off my 92, also have a small stock pile of the step pads too.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Truck is coming along nicely. Too bad I didnt see you needing a good chrom rear bumper, I just sold the mint one off my 92, also have a small stock pile of the step pads too.

Thanks. And damn! Those are really hard to find in good shape. I do kind of like how this one is dented though, matches the truck. The step pads on this bumper are different than the ones I had on my old truck (plain black bumper). It's a one-piece deal on this chrome one. Interesting in selling one? Btw are you interested in that battery tray toolbox? Found one (complete with cover) kicking around in my shed.

Truck's looking good! I love how long the freakin thing is! It would be like driving a big boat! LOL

Haha, it was a little hard to get used to. That extra few feet makes a huge difference in where you can park. Many drive-thrus in town I can barely make it through without hitting the curb.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Well I've got almost everything to complete my swap from blue to grey interior. I don't like the blue even when it's brand new, and it's turned white-ish around where the sun beat down on it, and is all cracked and cut up by the P.O. anyways. Grey has always been my favourite interior colour in these trucks.

Still need to track down some good door panels, the dash bezel thing that surrounds the gauges, a carpet and a few little odds and ends. I would like to have a nice interior for once in my life. Everything is getting cleaned extremely well and will be installed when time permits.