My first car, an 89 k1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gordy_

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, correction. I was thinking automatic transmission when I said flex plate. Disregard what I said. The cover being off is not good because it allows debris to get up in there. Check the starter drive gear though. Just reach up and see if it will slide all by itself. It should not. I think you could have a throw out bearing making noise though or the pressure plate springs or the clutch disc springs. Sorry about the misinformation about the flex plate. I have never seen the flywheel crack where the attaching bolts are. You do not have a flex plate.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. My dad said it isn't a big deal. Maybe I can get a video of it and poat it if that would help

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. My dad said it isn't a big deal. Maybe I can get a video of it and poat it if that would help
If you do a video, you will need to upload the video to a place like you tube and then post a link to that video here.