my 93 sierra 1500 sle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
sorry for such a late response, but I appreciate the love ! Im gunna look for a picture of your valve covers.. mine are pretty ratty lol

Reaction score
i haven't been on for a while , but lol they are pretty close, i think mine are more ratty. just matches the truck xD .

I replaced my egr valve, and solenoid due to that code being thrown after 15 minutes of driving multiple times. The engine was sluggish still , so i looked further , and found the engine was way out of time. It is currently at about 1 degree advance with the jumper disconnected ,and let me tell you ... THIS THING FEELS LIKE A WHOLE NEW TRUCK! if you're having acceleration , performance , or economy issues, CHECK YOUR TIMING. I gained a good 3 mpgs.

onto current problems----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im having issues with the battery dying overnight. when jumped it runs great , and will start if turned off after being jumped so alt works.
It just dies over night, i looked for a parasitic draw but cant find any :shrug: .
I have a spare battery (from my 89 silverado that i no longer have). hopefully it will fix the issue. The current battery when fully charged only holds 11.6v-11.8v. but when the truck is running it goes to 14v. I got no idea whats going on with it.

Im looking for another gmt400 (preferably 5spd 350/305) , but i want to trade one of my cars for it as i don't have alot of spare cash and i love these trucks.
for anybody interested its a 1999 honda accord sedan 5spd with the f23a1 4 cylinder. the car only has 120k (just turned) , and it has tons of new stuff(including clutch). paint isnt the best and it has a tiny patch of rust starting, not bad yet though.

Last edited:

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If the battery fully charged will only sit at 11.8v it's most likely the battery...and you may not have a parasitic draw. The battery may not hold a charge any longer.. most auto parts stores can test that for you to be sure. 14v when running is being read of the alternate as its trying to charge the batery so at least you know the charging system works right..

sent from what use to be a great country...

Reaction score
I had an extra battery from my 89 , and it is working good so far. gunna let it sit for hours and see if it still starts good, if it does i know its the battery, and not a draw.

I had my battery tested(the one in question) , and it came back :
-11.99V
-457cca(rated 775)
and that's at 72 degrees.

says "battery meets or exceeds industry specifications, but is low on charge"

But i had it charging at 2 amps off of the truck for about 14 hours. after being unhooked from the charger , it immediately jumped to 11.7v

im thinking its a bad battery...

Reaction score
The battery was shot, so i got a replacement for free. i plan to run a dual battery set up some point soon.

I am also going to be replacing the gear oil in the rear diff (14 bolt) , with new 80 w 90 gl5 certified.

I took the grille out today, and i will be painting it. going to figure out a paint scheme tonight.

Reaction score
okay , so i made some options via MS paint .... i will be doing the fourth grill.

You must be registered for see images attach

I haven't seen any color matched or painted grilles on this style of grille(single side marker , not a split or two piece). so i figured i'd make my own , and i hope it turns out good.