My 92 K1500 Z71 build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aarolar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would keep it, the next vehicle you get could be just as bad off or even worse. Buying used vehicles is a total crap shoot and IMO you are better off sticking with what you know even if it seems discouraging at the moment. If I was a little closer I would be willing to help as needed.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would keep it, the next vehicle you get could be just as bad off or even worse. Buying used vehicles is a total crap shoot and IMO you are better off sticking with what you know even if it seems discouraging at the moment. If I was a little closer I would be willing to help as needed.

sorry just saw this. im really just encouraged to get something that is already factory, that i dont have to guess on what will work. and the more i look at it the best option is to get rid of it and find something that is better off like my past 2 vehicles. and i know s10/blazers alot more than i know anything else. had one for 2 years and thats what i ultimately would like to have again. and plus i want to venture into the 2wd lowering scene and see how i like it since i have had 2 4wds and a quick car. sorry for the rant i just think about this a good bit because everybody has told me that i shouldnt have gotten this truck even my best friend that has a 93 z71.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
also today headed to the junk yard and picked up a fan and clutch. only paid 107 bucks for everything that i have gotten the past couple days. dont know what i paid individually on things. but now she aint overheating. also put the factory bumper back on her.

i am most likely selling the truck as i do not want nor need a daily driving project. wishing i would have kept the my 95 blazer, but hey thats how i will learn through my own mistakes. im going to finish most of the body work and put her on craigslist in primer. if anybody is interested let me know. already talked to a few people that are some what interested. also if anybody has a 2 door 2wd s10 blazer ill trade ya.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Showing my truck Saturday to a guy that is in the market. if that goes well and i get what or around what i want for it, then i am off to look at an 04 Tahoe 4x4. can get it for between 3700 and 4000 bucks.

on another note truck now has working cold as hell a/c. it was needed today as it got to like 80 degrees and i was working, lawn care business. first time i can say i was able to sit in my truck with the windows up and the doors closed and be comfortable. my grandpa said it could still use a little more freon but it works great the way it is and i ain't paying 13 bucks for another can of freon.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Hate to see it go. I was looking forward to seeing it painted! If you do sell it you should take the grill guard part off the bumper and sent it to me!!!

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hate to see it go. I was looking forward to seeing it painted! If you do sell it you should take the grill guard part off the bumper and sent it to me!!!

Honestly I was too. Actually I swapped that whole bumper and guard for some factory front bumper brackets on my buddy's 93 z71. Sorry lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk