My 1994 Silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Silverado1994

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I put this in my intro thread and figured I might as well put her out in the open. I bought this truck in 2010 with 315,000 miles on her for $2300. The sales guy thought it had a V-6 in it but upon the test drive I quickly found out that she had a TBI 350 in her. I drove this truck for around 8 years until I decided up up my game and put a 383 stroker in it and had the transmission rebuilt by a friend of mine. I kept it a TBI set up with a 680 cfm TB and 454 fuel injectors, Vortec heads and mild roller cam. I also put a 2200 rpm stall and 4.10 gears with a locker in it. I drove that set up for around 4 years and decided that the TBI had to go if I wanted anymore performance out of it so I opted for a 750 Holley Double Pumper and an HEI ignition along with some long tube headers. That definitely woke it all up but I was still using the chipped OEM ECM to shift the tranny with so I ditched that set up and went with a Quick 4 shift control module from US Shift which really woke things up.

I decided I wanted to go one step further and in June this last year I acquired a 400 small block and went to work over the course of the next six months. I had it punched .030" over , had a set of Vortec heads ported (mostly on the exhaust side) and polished, went with a more substantial cam (.522/509 with a 235 duration), and alot of money and time into the short block. I had an opportunity to install this engine the week before last and so far even with the break-in still ongoing it feels ALOT stronger than the 383 did. I don't know what she'll run in the quarter but I hope to find out at some point. Anyways she's fun as hell to drive and I'm looking forward to getting a few more mods and goodies for her. Outwardly she retains a mostly stock appearance with the exception of the cowl hood and the 454SS outside rear view mirrors. BFG's have replaced those terrible Hankook tires that I had.

Pics with the 383 still in it. 406 looks the same except for the decal on the air cleaner.

You must be registered for see images attach

Silverado1994

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice clean looking ride! Did you get the steam ports drilled out on your 400?
Yessiree. I did a TON of homework prior to putting that bad boy in. Wanted the least trouble possible. I had a 454 from a Vette that I was going to go through and install but sold it in favor of big cubes in a smaller package. Thanks for the good word bro.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Engine looks great too. Mine is a stock 350 with about 160K on it. If I didnt have more pressing projects I would do a refresh on mine. I was thinking about doing a 383 stroker. Enjoyed reading your thread so far. Subscribed.

Silverado1994

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You guys, I apologize for not being here. Life has just taken off and pretty much dragged me along for the last 7 months ever since we've gotten hired on at the refinery that we've worked at as contractors for the last 9 years. It's a good thing and that's for sure but I had much in the way of spare time in since.
I plan on hanging around a bit now after getting my butt handed to me in the ER last Monday. It appears that my dizzy spells that I thought was insufficient hydration or not eating enough at lunch (blood sugars) was AFib all along. Was dizzy all afternoon that day and dang near blacked out on the way home. That was it for me. I had my wife take my blood pressure and it was at 90/60 so off to the ER we went where they caught the AFib in action. I had a heart doctor run pretty much every test known to mankind 3 years ago after exhibiting these same symptoms and the tests all came back that I had the heart of an 18 year old so they were unable to detect it then. I'm glad that it was happening when I went to the ER so I can get something done about it now. It's kind of like when a customer brings a car to me and it's not acting up when they bring it. lol

I guess I am going to have to slow down a bit in the meantime and take medication to calm my ticker down until I'm able to get my ablation done to correct this stuff once and for all. Got a couple of more months to go and a couple more tests to do before that happens but at least there's a plan moving forward.