Max HP limit of factory 350 Vortec shortblock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
Well if your worried about how much power it will make, buy a 4 bolt version of your motor. I just did that this mornig. Picked up a vortec 350 4 bolt for 600 with the serpentine system and injection system

Your killing me man lol.... Dude I know how, why, and where to buy and build a shortblock that can handle any amout of power I throw at it and I already have a 010 to do it or may even buy a Dart block lol...Let's keep the topic on completely stock, factory bottom ends. We all know how to build a strong replacement motor, that info is everywhere. This thread is simply about using what we got from the factory and taking it to the max.

I dont know the max flywheel HP
But as we all know each engine is different from one L31 block to the next L31. one might hold 500 and the next might pop at 425. none the less I've had machinists tell me before that 4 bolt is kinda a joke lol they said that if the crank breaks 2 bolts it'll break 4. he also said that he has seen 500 HP on a 2 bolt. Any ways on with the real question at hand. 6-8 psi not over 10 if you want it to be a relaible DD. I've heard that people have pushed in the high teens in PSI. But the engine only held for six months to a year. I like this thread because you and I are on the same page how far can I push my stock rotating assembly. I'm planning a turbo set up on stock block and internals. New intake though.
looking for 450 HP we'll see. Thanks guys.
Crewcab Steve.

Yea we're definitely on the same page bro. I'll build a different motor shortly and have it on the engine stand ready to roll but right now I'm wanting to rock what I got. Whatever the factory limit is, is what I'll shoot for right now but when I build my engine, its gonna be 500rwhp or bust. And honestly that ain't too much to ask for when u start talking built and blown smallblocks.

And also I wanna make sure when we're throwing numbers around, are we talking flywheel hp or rwph... in my old Ford forums we never used flywheel numbers so naturally when I see hp numbers I always think at the wheels. I just don't wanna misinterpret anyone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: