lt1 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lt1silverado

Reaction score
Hey guys this is my first time here. I have a 93 silverado extended cab that i pulled the 350tbi and 4l60e tranny out of. I dropped in a 94 lt1 and 700r4 tranny in. Now i need help with help with all the wiring. Anyone here done a swap like this. I have the ecm and wiring harness for the lt1. I have most of the engine hooked uo under the hood. Just trying to figure out how to tie everything into the dash. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
94 lt1 had 4l60e 93 was the only year for the 700r4 and lt1 if its original. unless they had a few factory freaks out there. anyhow theres a few guys who have done the swap i forgot his name though so im no help.

lt1silverado

Reaction score
I still have the 350 tbi and 4l60e sitting in my garage. This is how this all came about. I had two freeze plugs rust out on me and my engine overheated...sooooo i figured that was a good enough reason to pull the motor and start building a 383. In the midst of looking for a 700r4 i came across a deal i couldn't pass up. Rebuilt lt1 350 with 1.6 roller rockers and a GM hotcam. Aluminum heads new pistons rebuilt tranny for 900.00. It came with the computer and radiator with dual electric cooling fans. Cylinders were hined and has new pistins rings, etc. This is my first build. I work on hydraulic systems for the oilfield. I figured if i could make 2 million lbs. Of iron walk 10 feet i could handle an engine swap. Needless to say way more involved than what i thought. My hat goes off to u gus that can do this. Anyway thanks for whatever info u guys can give me and for the info i have gotten. I'm gonna tackle the wiring this weekend. I'll keep u all posted.