LS motor cathedral port truck intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Porting intakes requires a longer stroke, or you lose velocity of the intake charge from the enlarged intake runners. Polishing & port-runner matching is all I would do, then port-matching your heads, but only if your engine can successfully draw more air than your intake runners and intake ports can currently provide.

jantzer

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The thing about the ls motors is you can throw-out most of what you've learned regarding other small blocks. You don't port match the heads. Porting the intake on most of the intakes shows decent gains regardless of the stroke or size of the motor. Bigger TB's don't really hurt you like bigger carbs can. And the newer LS3/L92 heads have bigger runners than most big block chevy's, but still produce good torque and throttle response. And the heads flow ALOT more air than the intakes on the LS motors. Thus intake mods show good gains.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, if that's true.....then I'm at a loss of understanding how it works :crazy:

I've always gone by the length of stroke when determining intake runner size of intakes.

kevhill85

96 BD Tahoe!!!!
Reaction score
The thing about the ls motors is you can throw-out most of what you've learned regarding other small blocks.

This I really disagree with this statement. The Gen 1/2/3/4/5 engins are still just really big air pumps.The smother the air make its transion thru the engine the more power will be made. This is why people match gaskets and port and polish the runner are important. . just rember the faster and smoother air can makes it's way thru any engine power will be made.