Little more power for my '96 454 dually...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TerryH

Lets go racin' boyz!!
Reaction score
Thanks! I love them. Never did hook up the heat portion but did do the power and the turn signals. They've been on the truck for 6 years.

TerryH

Lets go racin' boyz!!
Reaction score
Alright. Diving in on the 411. Have a guy that works with me that is much more of a wiring guy that I am to do the pin out. Have tuning appointment on 10/15 with a very well know local (sort of) tuner. Guess we'll see how it goes.

Aparke4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 96 k2500 with the 7.4 vortec and my last piece of the puzzle is ceramic coated headers from JBA to install, shortys. I have a volant intake, all accel ignition parts including billet dist. and ceramic 8.5mm wires and iridium plugs. I also have the updated bosch 4 hole injectors too. Headers should help to get more air out and allow motor to breathe... I am told plus research this is one of the best mods to do for the big block.

TerryH

Lets go racin' boyz!!
Reaction score
I have a 96 k2500 with the 7.4 vortec and my last piece of the puzzle is ceramic coated headers from JBA to install, shortys. I have a volant intake, all accel ignition parts including billet dist. and ceramic 8.5mm wires and iridium plugs. I also have the updated bosch 4 hole injectors too. Headers should help to get more air out and allow motor to breathe... I am told plus research this is one of the best mods to do for the big block.

I'm thinking about adding the headers to mine also. I looked at the CAI's but the more I read it seemed that upgrading the filter (have AEM ordered) did about the same. What has your experience with the Volant been?

TerryH

Lets go racin' boyz!!
Reaction score

You know which JBA's you ended up with. There are way to many choices.

Aparke4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You know which JBA's you ended up with. There are way to many choices.

Yes... sorry my new posts feature not working and just saw my alerts!

Here are the parts plus I went with the 45* boots and DIY plugs from accel that are ceramic to match the rest of my current wires.

Accel wires x4 (header kit comes with 4 wires and boots FYI): #170902C DIY Wires

JBA CARB Legal Headers 1823SJT 1996-2000 Chevy C/K 7.4L 454 Titanium Ceramic

New in the box, JBA Headers for 1996-2000 Chevy C/K Series pick up trucks with the 7.4L (454) V8 with AIR Injection and EGR. These are CARB certified and Emissions Legal in ALL 50 states.

Made from 409 Stainless Steel and Titanium Metallic Ceramic coated for long life and more power with lower underhood temperatures.

These bolt directly to your exhaust using the JBA Mid Pipe # 1820SY or 1822SY (purchased separately) and have all emissions hook ups. Includes Gaskets and Header Bolts.

JBA 1822SY Exhaust Downpipe... These are required for the type of connection JBA headers use but are a full 3 inch and get rid of the kink too!

Aparke4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm thinking about adding the headers to mine also. I looked at the CAI's but the more I read it seemed that upgrading the filter (have AEM ordered) did about the same. What has your experience with the Volant been?

Volant = meh. I wish I had just gone with a Spectre DIY using their air canister with filter inside and made a 3 inch connection to the inside fender well though I lucked out with the volt as when I did the body lift, I removed the fender bracket and used arubber isolater against the plastic intake housing and with the silicone tubes they provided it was a perfect fit to compensate for BL.

Here is the spectre unit you could build around: this is just an example but im pretty sure all tubing from TB and MAF is 3 inch:

https://www.amazon.com/Spectre-Perf...ocphy=9032072&hvtargid=pla-493233868775&psc=1