Lights changed color??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Merry Christmas everyone! I have a strange issue with my recently installed cluster. I replaced my 93 cluster for a 94. The original did not have Rpm gauge and did not light up at night. So, I replaced the cluster with a 94 that had RPM and functioning lights. I also replaced the odometer, thanks to thread on this site. Now, the lights on the new cluster was a red/orange color. Tonight I noticed the lights are green??:wtf: Is this a malfunction or is it supposed to happen? Sorry if its been posted or if I'm a noob

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Merry Christmas everyone! I have a strange issue with my recently installed cluster. I replaced my 93 cluster for a 94. The original did not have Rpm gauge and did not light up at night. So, I replaced the cluster with a 94 that had RPM and functioning lights. I also replaced the odometer, thanks to thread on this site. Now, the lights on the new cluster was a red/orange color. Tonight I noticed the lights are green??:wtf: Is this a malfunction or is it supposed to happen? Sorry if its been posted or if I'm a noob

:pics-****: :lol:

Never heard of it before....

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The overlay on the pre 95 needle clusters have a green tint on them. So even with orange or red lights in the cluster, they will still light up a green color of sorts at night due to the green tint..

Parentnoia

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's okay. My mom's Nissan went from green lights on the factory radio to orange lights when we get it back from the repair shop after an accident.

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I really liked the orange lights too. Maybe I should do a mod on the cluster. I'm gonna go now and unwrap my new LEDTV:Whoa::banana-mario: