Led strip blinker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDYLANP

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm wanting to run some amber led strips along my headlights and grille and use them as turn signals. I plan on retrofitting the stock drl/turn signal housings with some offroad led pods/bars in the stock housing position. Obviously the police think that I just haveee to have blinkers for the very few times my truck actually sees pavement but that's beside the point. I've done a little searching and have found out quite a bit of information about this mod. Just wondering if anyone on here as done it with pictures and an exact "how to" or simple way of accomplishing it. Thanks.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Subbed because this sounds cool

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Someone has put an LED strip in their lights but I can't think of who it was at the moment. It is pretty simple though, just have to bake the lights in the oven for a bit or use a heat gun and pull apart the lens from the housing. Install your LED strip in amber and then put your lights back together by reheating the glue and letting it reseal itself like factory. Run some silicone around your edges and wire the strips to your blinker light wire. Then you can modify your turn signal housings the same way using your offroad pods.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Someone has put an LED strip in their lights but I can't think of who it was at the moment. It is pretty simple though, just have to bake the lights in the oven for a bit or use a heat gun and pull apart the lens from the housing. Install your LED strip in amber and then put your lights back together by reheating the glue and letting it reseal itself like factory. Run some silicone around your edges and wire the strips to your blinker light wire. Then you can modify your turn signal housings the same way using your offroad pods.
Was it tryston?

MDYLANP

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a pretty good idea how to to do the actuall install in the light housings. I plan on running amber or switchback strips all the way around the housings sort of like the modded f250 lights. I am just no good with wiring and how to go about doing it on that end.

Switchbacks are white and amber in the same strip. They will run white as fogs/drls and then shut off and blink amber when the turn signal is turned on.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you have to figure which wire is the power for the amber and connect that to the turn signal wire in your turn signals in the grille and then white power lead to the running light lead at the same point.get a test light to figure which is which at the light socket in the factory bulb sockets

MDYLANP

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking my best bet is to do it just like the tow mirror wiring just inside the fog light housings instead. Anyone with more knowledge than me have any input?

MDYLANP

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
you have to figure which wire is the power for the amber and connect that to the turn signal wire in your turn signals in the grille and then white power lead to the running light lead at the same point.get a test light to figure which is which at the light socket in the factory bulb sockets

Can I just cut the wires back from the current fog and turn signal lights and splice the LEDs in directly that way? Or is a resistor and that stuff actually needed?

Obviously I would keep the original plugs with enough wire to be able to put them back in later if the need ever arose.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Can I just cut the wires back from the current fog and turn signal lights and splice the LEDs in directly that way? Or is a resistor and that stuff actually needed?

Obviously I would keep the original plugs with enough wire to be able to put them back in later if the need ever arose.
Resistor definately needed

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bturner333