LED node Out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I just discovered this on my Passenger side tail light, one of the little diodes is not lit/very dim. Now, I know for a fact LEDs are supposed to last a long time, what's the deal? I took it off and wiggled wires, checked to make sure they are all still there and everything, put it back on and it is still the same. Anyone else had any trouble with this? I love my LEDs, when I look at this it makes me sad to see.

You must be registered for see images attach

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
chances are its not getting power, but like anything a certain percentage of them are defective, so it may just be dead.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
Usually when the aftermarket tail's start to fail it'll be 3 in a row (3.2vF x 3 LEDs only requires a resistor for the remaining 2.4v) but in your case it looks like just one diode failed.
Can you just swap it out? Sure, but chances are it'll stand out because it'll be difficult to match the MCD & nM of the others.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I don't know whats up with it, I will have to check and see if my warranty is still there and probably give IPCW a call.