LED Light strips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been thinking of trying to do something like that. My idea was to run the LEDs under the complete length of the parking light and then up the outer edge. I was also going to run them on a separate circuit so that I could use them as a DRL like the Audis do. I like where you're going there, but too bad about the lack of brightness from them.

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
I've been thinking of trying to do something like that. My idea was to run the LEDs under the complete length of the parking light and then up the outer edge. I was also going to run them on a separate circuit so that I could use them as a DRL like the Audis do. I like where you're going there, but too bad about the lack of brightness from them.

Definitely, look around and I am sure there will be some brighter ones. The Audi ones must be crazy expensive. They are viewable at many different angles and all that so it must be one hell of an LED. But you I was going to do the curve and all that but I got short ones due to the square light. Would look cool on your truck!

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score

if you got a bit of money to throw at the project, and not afraid of a bit of wiring... these are absolutely awesome!! i love super flux led's, i ran two of em in my bumper lights in my s10 for the longest time as turn signals.. one in each light... i will see if i can find a picture of the awesomeness...

http://www.oznium.com/prewired-superflux

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
sorry for semi-jackin your thread man...

You must be registered for see images attach

and here is the output of a 12" blue cold cathode under the dash

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Definitely, look around and I am sure there will be some brighter ones. The Audi ones must be crazy expensive. They are viewable at many different angles and all that so it must be one hell of an LED. But you I was going to do the curve and all that but I got short ones due to the square light. Would look cool on your truck!

I'm not overly concerned with the viewing angle of them. A narrow beam wouldn't bother me so much as long as they're bright enough to be seen from a good distance in daylight. I've been thinking about them for my Suburban as well as my CTS. Another thing is that I want them semi-invisible when not on. Whether they're covered by some sort of translucent lens or what, I just don't want you to be able to look at it and say, "Hey, I see LEDs!"

if you got a bit of money to throw at the project, and not afraid of a bit of wiring... these are absolutely awesome!! i love super flux led's, i ran two of em in my bumper lights in my s10 for the longest time as turn signals.. one in each light... i will see if i can find a picture of the awesomeness...

http://www.oznium.com/prewired-superflux

Those look cool. I wish they listed the luminous intensity of them on the site.

mjleg

Ya...I Like Trucks
Reaction score
Thats the thing about LEDs, if you aren't concerned about the viewing angle, you won't see them...

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For something that's meant to be seen head-on, even LEDs with the narrowest viewing angle will be perfectly fine for the job.