just want a little roar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redneckrichie

Reaction score
i hate quiet while im driving. i just want to hear something. i was looking into a flowmaster muffler and just putting on an exhaust tip. will that change the sound or would it be a pointless investment?

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Swapping out mufflers will definitely give you the sound you're looking for. If you want more performance you would need to do at least a cat-back system, but preferably a full exhaust from headers to tailpipes. If sound is all you want though, I'd say search Youtube and pick out a muffler that sounds good to you and then you can swap it out for your stock muffler

redneckrichie

Reaction score
And just a muffler itself will give it a sound I'm not trying to make it real loud just something loud when I stomp on it

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
yeah, just replacing the stock muffler with an aftermarket one will give you the sound you want...hell, anything would be louder than the 5 gallon bucket of steel under there now :lol: If you're just looking for sound I'd recommend a Flowmaster Super 44 or a Thrush welded (copy of flowmaster but cheaper) but it will help you decide if you look them up on youtube

98 gmc 4x4

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a thrush welded on my truck it was cheap and sounds good. I just cut my old muffler out and welded that muffler in but you will need some more pipe because the thrush is shorter than the stock muffler.

redneckrichie

Reaction score
What kind of piping? Flex pipe or straight pipe steel and will I be able to get it to stick out the back no problem or will I have to put it out the side like stock?

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
If you want it to stick out the back you'll have to do more than just replace the muffler. The best option is probably to take it to a local shop and tell them you want a cat-back system with 2 tips out the back and (your choice here) muffler.

98 gmc 4x4

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
just get a peace of straight pipe to fill in the gap and you will be good to go remember measure twice cut once!

redneckrichie

Reaction score
Well I am an apprentice at a shop so I have all the tools to do it I just hate the side look for it that's why I want it out the back

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
In that case you should be able to fab it up yourself...you'll need to do some bends to go over the rear axle and then around the spare but going out the back shouldn't be too much of a problem