Interior water leak fix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So my Tahoe had the common interior water leak would leak from under the pass side dash after rain or washing it, checked the screws, windshield is new and sealed, tracked it down to the hvac vent that is under the cowl on the pass side, you need to remove the wiper cowl, remove wipers and a few screws, you need to remove this metal panel above it on the pass side under the cowl, its held in with seam seal so a putty knife would work to remove all that then pry it out with a screwdriver and youll see the vent , caulk around the side towards the windshield, and side towards the driverside (it is a pain just doing those) and your leak should be fixed, mine is then just replace everything back and re seal the metal panel and your good to go

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What exactly did you use to reseal everything?

I used Permatex black silicone adhesive sealant, the first pic has some clear silicone on the panel someone else tried sealing the top but it wasnt leaking there

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I silicones that area and that did not fix it. I might have to replace those screws.

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I silicones that area and that did not fix it. I might have to replace those screws.

Its such a ty design cant seal the other two sides but hell it worked so its all good, I was about to seal them but ran water on it and they were not leaking tracked it down to this

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score

Did you silicone the screw holes and then put the screws back in? If so new screw won't help you. But if not, try that.