if u wash your engine be very careful

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

texas tough

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
was changing my AC compressor yesterday and decided to clean the motor while waiting for the vacuum pump to vacuum system.
after finishing, started the truck and it was idling very irradically, it finally smoothed out and I shut it down and took my air hose and blew the water off the engine, umplugged all elect connectors and dried them, pull dist cap and dried everything,, took it for a spin and the tranny is shifting late.. Im fairly sure my TPS got water in it, even though its supposedly a sealed part. will check it later today. the truck shifts like it has a high stall converter in it.,, jerks from park to drive, just not happy.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Did you use a pressure washer? I havent had any problems when I use Gunk degreaser and a high-flow/low-pressure hose.

F4U-1A

Early spring 24
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pollen and mice droppings in the summer, I cover the PCM when I hose ( 45 PSI well water) the bay down. Still clean since 1996, no need for Gunk (remember that stuff in the 70s) . My Chevy does not bleed oil. Good Times.

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
I remember fording streams and doing some mudding with a F:thumbsdown:rd Explorer 5.0 AWD and had to tow it out with my 89 and got water and mud everywhere on that 454. Distributer was soaked and did the same thing you describe.