High miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71SE

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
2000 Z71 Tahoe, 194k original motor/ trans. Trans is slipping though... if and when it no longer goes into gear, I'll be swapping the 4L70e that's attached to the LQ9 I have waiting.

Jetson105

Reaction score
The other day I was wondering if there was a "high mileage" thread around here anywhere.

97 C3500 crew cab long bed 5.7 Vortec: 193,000 on the bottom end and runs ok after the repairs I've done.

I've owned it for ~10k and in that time have had the trans rebuilt. I started to replace the intake gaskets and ended up also replacing both cylinder heads due to small cracks, water pump and radiator while I was at it. And you can add to the list starter, alternator, AC compressor, front shocks, rear wheel bearing, in-tank fuel pump, brake light switch, turn signal switch and that like 1000 foot long brake line that runs to the rear axle (that rusted through right behind the gas tank - the only place you can't see it rusting through).

History is that the truck was owned by a metal building construction company since new, so driving to/from dusty/dirty construction sites, but also "fleet maintenance" - the service log I got went back over half it's life and about half of the entries were "4k oil change".

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
This was taken a few months ago. My dad's W/T he bought brand new. Original NV3500, 4.3 that had the lower intake gasket done at an early age. That's really about it other than the typical **** (water pump, alternator..).

At 306,000 it finally had the original clutch replaced. This is after I drove it when I first got my license and did PLENTY of burnouts. lol

You must be registered for see images attach

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
206,445. Typical leaks (valve cover, intake gasket), burns a little oil from worn valve stem seals, otherwise, starts right up every time and runs like a champ.

livelifewideopen

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
my 88' k1500 has 213k on bottom end of motor, 5 speed tranny, and body. Transfer case has been rebuilt, clutch has been replaced, and I'm on my third 10 bolt.

livelifewideopen

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also have a 1991 ext cab with 266k and a 1998 ext cab with 274k that Im putting together into one truck starting soon

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have almost 225,000 on my 97 5.7 L OE engine and trans. Heads never been off the engine, and trans never been removed. Bought it in 2002, with 85,000 miles. It has been and still is a great truck. I use Valvoline 10/30 convt. oil. It burns no oil. I change my oil every 3000 miles.