HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96OneTon

Reaction score
I have a 1996 1ton single wheel 4x4 350 and i have a slight misfire when cruising at highway speeds. Truck starts fine, idles fine, and when your in the throttle it doesnt miss a beat. But once your cruising at say 1/4 throttle it has a slight miss and will stumble a little bit. Does anyone have any idea what it could be? I have not hooked any code reader to it yet, as i dont personally have one. Im thinking throttle sensor? Crank or cam shaft sensor? truck has all new plugs, distributor, fuel pump, spider injection (was told that was replaced anyway). Truck use to be an automatic but was 5 speed swapped. Could something there be the culprit? Any info or help is greatly appreciated. I owned this truck 6 years ago, and recently bought it back and am eventually gonna start tearing it down this winter, but would like to drive it for the time being until then. Thanks!

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who reprogrammed the computer to accept the manual transmission?

This thread is very much like the other recent posting about an automatic truck converted to manual trans, which also doesn't run right. I'd link to it but I'm not seeing it right now.

96OneTon

Reaction score

This thread is very much like the other recent posting about an automatic truck converted to manual trans, which also doesn't run right. I'd link to it but I'm not seeing it right now.
Thats a very good question... I would have to ask the gentleman who owned the truck when the swap was done. I did not think about that. Thank you.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Maybe this one.