Hello From Indiana

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nomos

Reaction score
Hey Everybody!

I am the proud owner of a OBS 99 K1500 Suburban. 192,000 ish miles. I am the 4th owner. This truck originated in California, spent a few years in Colorado with my dad and now resides in Indiana, so unlike many of the cars here in the Land O Salt, this one has no rust. I'm currently in the maintenance phase as I've only had it a few weeks and boy does it need it, all the fluids are either brown or black, torn boot on one of the front axles, the tires are a bit dry rotted, and the alternator was bad when it made it to me. It is intended for my daughter to drive to and from school but, I've wanted a 4x4 since I got rid of my Isuzu Trooper 20 years ago, and you can probably guess the rest. It will likely get some overlanding treatment and we plan on road tripping it over the summer to the PNW to see some family and some sights. The only upgrade in the works is some BFG KO2's and then we will see what comes after that.

I'm excited to be a part of the community and will likely be asking for guidance as I go through this thing. I'm not a mechanic by any means but, I have been working on cars in my driveway for about 30 years so I am used to doing the job twice to get it right.

Good to be here,

Matt

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Everybody!

I am the proud owner of a OBS 99 K1500 Suburban. 192,000 ish miles. I am the 4th owner. This truck originated in California, spent a few years in Colorado with my dad and now resides in Indiana, so unlike many of the cars here in the Land O Salt, this one has no rust. I'm currently in the maintenance phase as I've only had it a few weeks and boy does it need it, all the fluids are either brown or black, torn boot on one of the front axles, the tires are a bit dry rotted, and the alternator was bad when it made it to me. It is intended for my daughter to drive to and from school but, I've wanted a 4x4 since I got rid of my Isuzu Trooper 20 years ago, and you can probably guess the rest. It will likely get some overlanding treatment and we plan on road tripping it over the summer to the PNW to see some family and some sights. The only upgrade in the works is some BFG KO2's and then we will see what comes after that.

I'm excited to be a part of the community and will likely be asking for guidance as I go through this thing. I'm not a mechanic by any means but, I have been working on cars in my driveway for about 30 years so I am used to doing the job twice to get it right.

Good to be here,

Matt
All that and NO pictures?:Nonono: