Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
Just bought me some new projector headlights. Wanted sum new ones that werent so faded and dull. Especially having HID's. I wanted a more focused beam with the HID's anyways. These are the smoked chrome style. $62 bux shipped from ebay. Not a bad deal.

I will post before and after pix once I get em and start putting them in.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...item=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_3467wt_1165

You must be registered for see images attach

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nice man, let us know how they throw light and how those projector style shields work

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hello, those light's look good, but from my experience, I've had three set's of light's with that same projector lense, they do almost nothing to help focus the light, but again they look cool.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
nice man, let us know how they throw light and how those projector style shields work

Will do for sure. I will do a comparison from stock housing to projector to show the output.

Hello, those light's look good, but from my experience, I've had three set's of light's with that same projector lense, they do almost nothing to help focus the light, but again they look cool.

Well Im hoping they do better then the stockers.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I really hate to rain on your parade, but you just wasted your money on some ****. A friend of mine just recently got those exact same lights on his '97 about 2 weeks ago. He's already ordered new lights. The first problem is the fitment. They stick out about 1/2" making your truck look all bug-eyed. Second, and most importantly, those aren't real projector lenses. A true projector lens is completely closed off and separate from the rest of the housing. You can't see in it from the sides. Inside a projector, between the bulb and the lens, is a metal plate that gives the beam the sharp cutoff. You can look at these lights from an angle and see the side of the bulb, so it's not closed off. There is no metal plate. You can look straight on these lights and see the bulb as well, something that you are not able to do in a true projector housing. No, all these lights are is a set of diamond clear headlights with a round piece of glass suspended over the bulb. The beam pattern sucks, to put it mildly.

I'm sorry. You might as well order your next set now.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i havnt tried that style projector, mine is all its own unit. but the ones i have dont give you much light off to the sides of the road. they do shine out alot farther though. the style you have may be junk as mentioned but i still think they look pretty cool !

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i havnt tried that style projector, mine is all its own unit. but the ones i have dont give you much light off to the sides of the road. they do shine out alot farther though.

I had a set of projectors on my '91 several years ago. Because of them, I have no faith at all in any aftermarket projectors. I could have lit up the road better with a pair of Mag Lites over those things. No peripheral light AT ALL. I had to drive with my fog lights on to be able to see the side of the road.

the style you have may be junk as mentioned but i still think they look pretty cool !

You wouldn't think they look cool if you actually saw them mounted on a truck and sticking out like they do.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im pretty happy with the light my projectors throw. its more like the high beams switched places with the low beams to me, with the 4hi mod it works pretty well. but i also have fog lights that i use alot too. over stock all i got IMO was a better look and a further light distance. not much for the sides. and that is a good point i prob would hate the look if they stick out real far. mine sat in to far but i spaced them out so the look how they should.

capricefrk013

Toy Hauler
Reaction score
Well I will just have to wait till they get here. I appreciate the advice on them. If the projectors dont work for **** then I will crack em open and remove them and run with out.

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have those same lights with hid bulbs. I had to finagle them a bit to get them to fit like stock but I dont think they look bad. The lighting is about 984758974589347893475893 times better than stock. Aiming them is a pain in the ass but you get what you pay for. Mine dont really stick out much if at all. the only thing making them look out of place is the rest of the old weathered lights I Havent replaced yet