Hard Start, fuel pressure regulator???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iggyspred

Reaction score
Ive got a 96 k1500 5.7 vortec. It has developed a hard start recently, turns over strong for 10-15 secs before it fires. I looked through the throttle body, it looked wet/ shiny. I can cycle the fuel pump about 5 times and it starts no problem. I have read this is usually a fuel pressure regulator leaking but can also be fuel pump or injectors. Before I start dropping money I want some more consistent opinions on what may be going on. Havent checked fuel pressure yet.

Plugs, wires, cap, rotor, crank sensor, maf, o2 sensors, starter have all been replaced at some point in the last year, most of that in the last 6 months. At 200000+ things started wearing out on me.

shorepatrol

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check your fuel pressure. Local parts store should rent you one. I believe it needs to be 50. If not , someone will correct me shortly

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
wet and shiny equals fpr and possible spider injector, you have to remove plenum to replace might as well do new spider (mpfi unit) if it has the original unit