Gmt400 Escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Yup the cars usually had them! Definitely a kool extra item to have for sure! An lucky 13! It tells a lot about the original owners that get those as letting people know how many vehicles they’ve purchased from one brand! That’s quite the feat of 13 new Cadillacs! Yeah definitely do your research and find the best one that has all its original parts as much as possible as it will make the difference it’s the small pieces that you have to look for! Door handles mirrors seats etc.. you can source a good amount but there are some pieces that you just can’t find anywhere or are really expensive! Even if you have to travel outta your area you’ll be way happier down the road than settling for one close but then you have to source parts!!

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Just a couple more pictures of me cleaning it up for last weekend may 24 was day taken. Hoping a few more other Escalade owners would jump on here to post theirs but that’s not happened in quite some time!
You must be registered for see images attach

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
So I’ve been on gmt400 Reddit and someone posted on replacing the 5 blade fan with a 11 blade fan. Is there any benefits from doing this mod or is it just that’s just what they make now as replacements?

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
So I ended up taking a few minutes to use the leather rejuvenator sauce that I got for part of my dad’s day stuff. I put it on using a circle yellow foam pad that are from the dollar store. I let it soak in for about 20ish minutes then wiped off all the excess before heading out for date night with the wife. Here’s a few quick pics. An one in my spot after parking this morning for OT.

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
So I have that new 11 blade fan on the way from rock auto. Along with new heater control from eBay and a
FILTERWEARS Pre-Filter K387 For K&N E-1796 pre filter for my air filter eBay also.
Help keep out bugs and bigger and smaller objects from getting way down into the blades of the air filter. Plus I’ll be safe for next dunes adventure. I’ll have a report on the fan as what I see difference wise. My next item will be the outside felt window sweeps as my drivers one is done.
But I’ll save that for next months thing as I still need to get a overhead dvd player the one I got a eye on is a bit expensive but possibly next month see if they’ll take a bit less.

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
So I guess if you have a newer 400 assuming 95/96-2002 years you already have the 11 blade as I just found out after taking shroud off!! So now I have to return the fan blade! But now I can put that money towards the window trim! Smh wished I would’ve looked ahead of time but family life has been busy so at least I know and possibly inform another member from making the same mistake! lol to be continued……

JohnZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I guess if you have a newer 400 assuming 95/96-2002 years you already have the 11 blade as I just found out after taking shroud off!! So now I have to return the fan blade! But now I can put that money towards the window trim! Smh wished I would’ve looked ahead of time but family life has been busy so at least I know and possibly inform another member from making the same mistake! lol to be continued……
there is possibly a duramax fan upgrade with some sort of clutch that will work for our vortecs. L31MaxExpress can go into detail about it, it's something i briefly looked into a while back.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
there is possibly a duramax fan upgrade with some sort of clutch that will work for our vortecs. L31MaxExpress can go into detail about it, it's something i briefly looked into a while back.
If you have an SUV or half ton pickup, it probably has the plastic fan. The 8 lug trucks with small blocks got the metal 5 blade fan, based on my trucks and what I've seen at the yards.