gmc grill on chevy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redchev20

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok i have the billet inserts on my 94 chevy grill but im looking to swap it out and put a new grill in. I like the billet gmc grills that are solid chrome. Im wondering if they will snap in place of my stock one. And if so do the hedlights fit in place right and the park lights? The grill is 250 so i dont want to buy it just to try and make it fit. Has anyone ever tried this before?

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
The grill will screw right in place, and you're headlights will work.

Corner lights will not swap however.

-Via Mobile-

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
you are talking the aftermarket 94+ gmc chrome grille right? or the 88-93 gmc chrome grille?

chev/gmc 94+ use the same headlights and turn signals but the side markers are different between the gmc and the chevy just as they are different for the 88-93 grilles as well

redchev20

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. The 94+. So ill have to buy the gmc side markers too than. Will there be any gaps in between the lights and grille?

gerardobernal1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Aftermarket grilles don't fit well.

Exactly^^ i made that mistake and im very dissapointed in the fitment. I have the Precision 31 bar billet and you can see the mounting bolts at the edge of the hood. Ill try to get a pic soon.

1993GMCSierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get the 88-93 Grille and pop on there. Look so much better than the plain jane 94+grille, IMO.

If I ever felt like buying a 1995+ GMC truck, that would be my first swap. :cool:

(IMO)...

Both grilles looked nice on the 88-93 trucks, but the GMC had a nicer one. 1994-1998 Chevrolet trucks had the nicest grille I've ever seen on a GMT truck, but the GMC grilles were terrible.

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
Get the 88-93 Grille and pop on there. Look so much better than the plain jane 94+grille, IMO.

If I ever felt like buying a 1995+ GMC truck, that would be my first swap. :cool:

(IMO)...

Both grilles looked nice on the 88-93 trucks, but the GMC had a nicer one. 1994-1998 Chevrolet trucks had the nicest grille I've ever seen on a GMT truck, but the GMC grilles were terrible.

Psh GMC grills are where it's at lol

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score

(IMO)...

This guy is smokin' something. :lol:

94-98 chevy OR gmc.... in fact, most people like the GMC better