Front end squeaking after RCX lift install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jerryd1976

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I recently installed an RCX lift on my 98 K1500. I have gone back through and tightened all nuts/ bolts after 500 miles of driving. However, I have an annoying squeak from what seems both the front left and right sides. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this and what was the cause/ correction? The only thing I saw that could be an issue was, it seems the top shock eyelet has shifted on the sleeve and looks to be rubbing on the shock mounts. This is consistent with both sides. Any help would be greatly appreciated....

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Control arm bushings maybe, spray them both down with pb blaster and drive it, see if it continues to squeak, if so, they might be installed incorrectly or if they are originals, time to replace.

EDIT: But id fiddle with the shock eyelets, its probably the case here.

jerryd1976

Reaction score
Got it! The sleeve sent from RCV were a shade too short (the others in the kit were way too short), I added a washer on either side to the sleeve and modified to lower extension bracket slightly so that the shock wasn't forced to the front of the upper shock mount...worked perfectly, no more squeaking.