fogs and light bar ideas and opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just looking for some opinions and ideas for a new bumper for my 98 2dr Hoe. I want to add a pair of fog/driving lights to the truck as well as an LED light bar. I live out in the back country and do night driving and even with the 4hi mod, I just cant see as far out as I want. Hence the reason for a light bar. M

I have two options here. First is to use an OEM bumper and cut out two rectangular holes in it on each side under the marker lights for some Hella 550 driving lights and then cut out a 30" wide rectangular opening in the middle to recess a light bar into it. Im not sure how good it will look but getting a curved light bar is my priority assuming Rigid makes one.

Second option is to build a custom bumper with a more squared off nose on it and use a straight light bar as well as he Hella 550 lights on each side which I think require a 4x6 opening. Cost and time play a major role in option two but I know I can do it. The kicker with the custom bumper is that I cannot make one of those bid beefy looking winch bumpers because it will look out of place on the small 2 door trucks. You guys with the extended cabs can get away with it because of size proportion. The stock rear bumper would also look out of place with a custom front bumper until I could get around to making a rear bumper.

If I choose option one then I would use a stock OEM chrome bumper I already have lying around here. The chrome would have to be removed and all the impact strip holes would need to be welded close since I do not want impact strips on the truck.

I have looked at over 100 pics of GMT400s with aftermarket bumpers as well as custom bumpers. I also looked at the LMC bumpers. Im really torn here and want some honest opinions on what you think would look better on the truck.

Once last option would be to use a diesel bumper from LMC and fabricate a light bar mount where the light sits just above the bumper. I dont care for this option as it makes the light bar very easy to steal. On the flip side though it does put the light bar up high which may offer more light reaching further out.

Opinions......

You must be registered for see images attach

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Junkyard parts dont hurt as bad if you screw up cutting.

Throw some pics up in the photoshop section and let those guys work their magic. Always cool to see what they do in that section.