Finally! GMT800 style towing mirrors on GMT400.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Theres gotta be a way to get that amber lens out of there, I just don't know how, and if you can you can change it to clear.

Larry, thanks for the answers. Once you get yours done it would be cool if you could elaborate more on how you did it.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Aw hell, you fellers trying to make the amber lenses clear. My guess would be the actual mirror glass need to come out.

ProSHo, definitely colormatch those mirrors white. I just had mine painted black and I love it. Painted is by far the way to go.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
big blue those are the ones I got, except without the signal, but you can buy those stick on LED signals @ autozone. I've been thinking about it but don't see how I can mount it on the mirror without a wire showing :think: I just got the plain jane ones, the led is too much for me. I too have nothing orange. You could always tint it out but at that point just get regulars like mine.

BTW I've never seen the full chrome tow mirrors!!! FUGLY!

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
The orange isn't really too bright. All of my lights are clear (not tails) but this orange is more smoked, which matches up with my LED tails.

And I would like to get them painted, but I was wondering if I should also paint the part underneath where it slides out at, or leave it black.

You must be registered for see images attach

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When they painted mine they did not paint the part where it slides and I do not suggest you have them paint it either. It's actually a different type of plastic. It's alot more shiney and slick so it can slide and I think if you paint that, it may cause the mirror to stick more and not slide like it's supposed to and also it might start to chip that white paint after a while so in the long run it's better to leave it alone instead of extending it out and having white chipped paint. IMO, honestly I think it'd look cool to leave that black with an all white mirror. It'd be a sick contrast and it'd still match your truck perfectly. I paid $50 for them to paint mine but it was a friend of a friend deal. So count on about $80 ballpark but it's worth it!!!

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im pretty sure you could have the signal in mirror lense behind it. near beginning he took it apart and showed its see through. i think the smoked orange would be find i guess. i want the leds in em though. and im going with manual instead of power. mine no longer work so manual easier.

yall think they will look good on mine? my tires stick out like an inch or more
You must be registered for see images

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Yes, with the way yours is set up it should look great, and it already has cab lights to match.

Southern Pride - The Western Hauler Edition I saw had them painted, so IDK, I was thinking they would stick too and peel, and the black would look sweet since I leave the mirrors out a bit.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
PROSHO- yeah I wouldn't worry with painting that part, because that wester hauler may have had some kind of OEM white paint there that wouldn't scratch or chip. You just never know. Best thing to do is ask your painter, but my vote goes black.

Bigbluebus- I'm not sure how I feel about them on SUV's...I once saw a guy with an avalanche put them on and it looked terrible! But yours is something different. I def know I like the look with the photoshopped tows on 40s :lol: but you have the whole HD look going on I think you'll pull it off fine.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
southern pride- yeah thats the look im going for. havent seen any tahoes with em. love how mine looks at night all lite up. leds on mirrors would look good too. i think with more lift and bigger tires it would look better but i think imgoing to get them anyways soon and finnaly eb able to see outa my mirrors lool. still kinda unsure on the wirirng part but ill get into that when i get the mirrors. and my buddy has some weird tows in his avy they look alright but the wider wheels deff help in that aspect to make them look right