exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Well yeah but all you need is a flange(3/8" steel plate) and raw piping and a bored person with a pipe bender. Custom made primaries don't actually cost shittons of money like people think, getting a dyno shop to run your engine and measure output flow, and figure sizes of piping, etc etc etc is why custom headers tend to cost alot when you have them ordered. If ya already know your primary size needed, then the hard/expensive part is over.

The above mentioned exhaust can run anywhere from $200-$350 depending on the shop that does it and how big their ego is. That's Mississippi prices atleast, I'm sure it's different elsewhere.

eck95z71

Hightech Redneck
Reaction score
Haha they woke me up at 3 am tearing thru my yard in some pos ranger so i grabbed my dog and .357...my Rot's just shy of 80 pounds. They peeled off and threatened that theyd be back. Just a bunch of redneck hatin latinos trying to start trouble. Well 3 days later I hopped in the truck at 5 am to go to work and it sounded like ****..they cut everything, 6 inches above the header collectors and back so now i'm rolling with stock again. I'll try and find some pics but that was a cple years ago.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
Well yeah but all you need is a flange(3/8" steel plate) and raw piping and a bored person with a pipe bender. Custom made primaries don't actually cost shittons of money like people think, getting a dyno shop to run your engine and measure output flow, and figure sizes of piping, etc etc etc is why custom headers tend to cost alot when you have them ordered. If ya already know your primary size needed, then the hard/expensive part is over.

The above mentioned exhaust can run anywhere from $200-$350 depending on the shop that does it and how big their ego is. That's Mississippi prices atleast, I'm sure it's different elsewhere.

yeah i thought about building my own since We have a waterjet cutter and a mandrel bender here but I found the hooker lt's for under 250$ to the door and I wasent sure on a collector if i did my own.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
You can choose 2 ways of making a collector: Most common is the 4 tubes run together then a squarish/circle collector fitted with a gap plate welded in to keep outside air from entering. The other way is the end of each primary tube is flared into a square shape, then the collector tube is flared into a square just big enuff to slide over them and the little gaps are welded shut.

The big beast!

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haha they woke me up at 3 am tearing thru my yard in some pos ranger so i grabbed my dog and .357...my Rot's just shy of 80 pounds. They peeled off and threatened that theyd be back. Just a bunch of redneck hatin latinos trying to start trouble. Well 3 days later I hopped in the truck at 5 am to go to work and it sounded like ****..they cut everything, 6 inches above the header collectors and back so now i'm rolling with stock again. I'll try and find some pics but that was a cple years ago.
that's to bad! You should have shot there tires out! Lol the .357 are sweet you can drop a bear like a sac of crap with one of them!

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
You can choose 2 ways of making a collector: Most common is the 4 tubes run together then a squarish/circle collector fitted with a gap plate welded in to keep outside air from entering. The other way is the end of each primary tube is flared into a square shape, then the collector tube is flared into a square just big enuff to slide over them and the little gaps are welded shut.

The square tube end is a good idea. sounds like it would flow better and be easier to make.. I may make my own headers when these cheap hookers rust out.

White98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody have some good pics of exhaust in front of rear tires? Thinking of doing that to mine. Thanks...

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Ummmm, I think shortchevy has straight out slash cut duals on his passenger side....red rcsb stepside.

I have exhaust just like the vonage van on my van, but it's not here atm, so cant grab pics.