ex cab rear speaker ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canadian93ck

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have custom kickers up front with hertz 6.5's but rear doesnt give you much room for speakers, i have 5 1/4'' with an adaptor plate but then the speakers hit the pillar plastic i've been looking for 4x6 speakers that can handle an amp but i cant find anything good

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
When it comes to a 'performance' 4X6 speakers, there is little to nothing that is really worthwhile available. There is a thread here, somewhere, that shows how to mod some 6X9's into the 'B' pillars. A much better solution. And it actually looks very slick. The sound quality of a 6X9 over a 4X6 is many times better.

narizon

Reaction score
Ran into the same problem,went ahead & did some plastic surgery to the rear pillars in my '89.Removing the trim would of been a major pain so some Dremel,jigsaw & file work was all it needed.Did take couple hrs but well worth it.looks good to.
I installed Pioneer 6 3/4" 4 ways in the rear pillars & alpine plates up front.

You must be registered for see images attach

hiltonpatrick

Reaction score
Ran into the same problem,went ahead & did some plastic surgery to the rear pillars in my '89.Removing the trim would of been a major pain so some Dremel,jigsaw & file work was all it needed.Did take couple hrs but well worth it.looks good to.
I installed Pioneer 6 3/4" 4 ways in the rear pillars & alpine plates up front.

Did you have to cut out any of the metal of the panel to make the 6 3/4” speaker to fit in the back I want to put some jbl club 622 6 1/2” how much cutting is needed

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Back in the day when I ran Clarion plates with the seperate mid and tweet. They sounded way better than any actual 4x6 speaker I auditioned. They were run off a 300w RMS Phoenix Gold amp along with the 6" components in my kicks. So it was closer to 500w @2ohms.
You are limited by cone size ether way. I'm intrigued by the 6x9 suggestion. Post a pic of your kick panels, I'm looking for ideas to redo mine.