Dynamic EFI tuners in my area? Northern, CA Bay Area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arrg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you have that Injector tuner thing from AFI that adapts newer high pressure style injectors to TBI?
So, you do have it. Do you have the injector data for your injectors? Also, have to you talked to Dynamic EFI about running this with the EBL? I think you could have an impedance problem if your EBL is setup for normal TBI injectors and you're trying to run those.

CHEVYS4ME

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was able to get it running. It was the ecm temp sensor. It would not read above 80 deg so ecm would not go into closed loop. It was the 2 wire sensor by the t-stat. It was a new ac Delco sensor. Bought a Murray brand from O'Reily's, and now it reads normal. It was hard to see because it would barely run, and not long enough to fully warm up. I noticed on a 60 deg morning wud showed water temp at 28 deg! I set fuel pressure at 45 psi, and scaled bpc untill afr was about normal for cold engine. Ran about 8 ve learns and it is running pretty smooth. No power yet with stock timing table.

Anyone know a good starting timing table for a 383?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to hear you got it running better. :waytogo:

As far as SA tables, it's more important to tune based on the head design and compression. I posted a link to 84Elky's thread (post #16). You can try his spreadsheet at 30* all in for a starter. Then run some logs with an occasional WOT run and watch for KNKs and SaRts. Adjust that area down 2* and try again.