Dual Sealed Beam headlights on a 1994 Chevy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thohill

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anybody swapped the old Dual Sealed beam setup onto a truck with the newer style grille and composite headlights? I just think it could look really cool. Its something I want to try.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
I would think that you would just have to take the front end off (grille assembly) and replace the full setups for the headlights from the mounts themselves.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
IIRC correctly the core support may be different, I don't know a whole lot about the headlight mounting set up on the 88-89's. Hopefully 88GMC will chime in, he's knows those headlights really well!

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you just need the quad light brackets that bolt em to the core support and the pigtails for the back of the lights.

thohill

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks everyone this sounds pretty easy, all things considered. Hopefully it goes well. I'll try and hit the Junkyard this weekend. Anything commonly broken on those headlight mounts that I need to be aware of when looking for a used one? Like a plastic tab or something? Just wanna make sure I get one that fits right.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks everyone this sounds pretty easy, all things considered. Hopefully it goes well. I'll try and hit the Junkyard this weekend. Anything commonly broken on those headlight mounts that I need to be aware of when looking for a used one? Like a plastic tab or something? Just wanna make sure I get one that fits right.

i recently did the reverse. (quad to composite) Don't skimp on the wiring... new pigtails for the lights are $5 each... i wouldn't use the old ones from a donor.

one feature i miss from the Quad lights, is the ability to adjust the highs independently from the lows.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I plan to do the opposite as well, buy some nice euro ones and then replace my quads with the euro composites.

thohill

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I plan to do the opposite as well, buy some nice euro ones and then replace my quads with the euro composites.

Any way you would sell me your old headlights? Pretty please?

And one other thing, will the sealed beams work with DRLs?