Double Din installed in OBSRC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nivensid

Reaction score
I installed a center console from an Expedition in my 1990 regular cab K1500 and modified the console to except the Pioneer Head Unit. I got the idea from members on this forum. I redirected the air flow from the lower vents so as not to cook the radio. I still have work to do, need to paint everything to match original interior and install the 4WD indicator light on the console.
Its amazing how much info these forums provide.
I also have a 78 Vette and often seek advise on their forum also.
You must be registered for see images attach

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Nothing to be sorry about. We like pictures :lol: It looks great!

code

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That turned out awesome. Great job.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

4player

Wookie Wagon
Reaction score
nice job to fix a square dash problem. I too almost went this route with a console to mount my radio in, decided though I wanted it in the dash and spent 2 month figuring it out and finally got the look I want.

nivensid

Reaction score
How much did you have to mod the console to fit the dash and floor?
The console mates right up to the dash, it will block 1/2 of the ashtray but I don't smoke. My 90 also does not have the cup holders either. No mods needed to fit the floor. I have 4wd so the shifter was a problem. I just took out the shifter rod and turned it 180 degrees so the offset is facing the drivers side. Took out the shifter bezel and will mount the shifter lights in the console and put indicator marks on the side for drive positions. Sealed up hole in floor and added carpet, so all you see is the shifter rod coming out of floor. Looks clean and neat, at work now so don't have any pics.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GriffisClnCo