Door speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Birdman99

Reaction score
I have a 99 Yukon SLT. It has a Pioneer DEH-P47dh head unit and that’s it. Looking to replace the front door speakers on an extremely small budget. I want to run the Pyramid WX65x woofers in the door and keep my stock tweeters. Has anyone done something like this? Will it work? How will it sound? I’m hoping to get a lot more bass. Thanks.

Kran

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if you're running on just headunit power, i would recommend something with a higher sensitivity. i.e https://www.parts-express.com/goldwood-gw-s650-4-6-1-2-poly-cone-woofer-4-ohm--290-308

twice the price ($20 vs $10) per speaker but you should have better results in overall sound and loudness

now whether or not it would be a perfect fitment replacement, that's hard to say. i doubt either speaker was designed around car audio use utilizing stock mounting locations. you might get lucky, though. i'd measure the overall outer diameter and baffle cutout diameter of your door panel to make sure. unless you're fine with customizing stuff. shouldnt be too difficult if needing to go that route.

generally i would recommend installing car audio branded coaxial speakers. if you have very little money then swapping the mids with a budget option should work fine. but like i said before you may have to cut something or make a bracket to ensure good fitment

Last edited:

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
I have a 99 Yukon SLT. It has a Pioneer DEH-P47dh head unit and that’s it. Looking to replace the front door speakers on an extremely small budget. I want to run the Pyramid WX65x woofers in the door and keep my stock tweeters. Has anyone done something like this? Will it work? How will it sound? I’m hoping to get a lot more bass. Thanks.
I can't be of any help with this, but do you have a picture of the unit in your car? Always been curious how this headunit looks in our trucks. Thanks!

Bondovw

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look up savard on ebay. They have a 6.5 set with tweeters that will fit your truck well. They will work with your current radio.