DDM HID kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thered95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i would recommend a harness. without one all the power is running trough the headlight switch then if you have the high4 done now the lows and highs are running trough the switch. this is why gmt-400 burn up headlight switches.

also if you get a harness from ddm SEAL IT UP. i had one and it failed and turned the lights on in the middle of the day and ran the battery dead. i would recommend making a harness for the highs and lows or buying one from meangreen. it will also make your halogen highs brighter.

bowtie-till-i-die

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my DDMs didnt come with mounting hardware, I had to use my old one. And the DDM was way thinner than my old ''thin'' ballast. Its a nice unit, I will be buying from there again

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
I noticed they have the regular ballast and a "slim" ballast. Which one do we need on our trucks, or does it matter?

bowtie-till-i-die

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
it doesnt matter, the slim is about the size of a wallet. i got the 6000k 35 watt and it didnt come with a bracket. It came with screws and some zip ties, thats it.

Reaction score
Hmm, I was planning on doing the 9006 35w 5000k and 9005 55w 5000k set ups. But I've read that the 55w is kind of overkill. What is yall's take on it?

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmm, I was planning on doing the 9006 35w 5000k and 9005 55w 5000k set ups. But I've read that the 55w is kind of overkill. What is yall's take on it?

Well, you will probably get all sorts of responses on this. my 35 watt HIDs out-lumen my standard halogens on my car. I would not get 55 watt until you have a proper houseing. I get pretty annoyed at trucks that just throw HID bulbs into non HID housings because they really throw light in everyone's face. Especially cars because trucks are already higher than cars. I'm trying to find a proper set of HID projectors before getting HIDs for my truck. HID projectors are a little different shaped and have the light cutoff in them.