DDM HID kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey guys, Im about to purchase my HIDs for my 98 silverado and I was getting a little confused when in the process of selecting them. On DDM after you have selected your bulb,watt, and temp it offers other features. i.e. HID Harness, Error Eliminator, and Adapter cabels. Since im new to the whole process of HID kits and trying to decide what is needed. I was wondering If I needed these extra features or not?

95obschevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just got my hid's from ddm installed here last week. I got the hid harness and the ballast mounting brackets as extras. Theres kind of a debate weather the harness is needed or not but id get it just to be safe and protect your factory headlight harness. Otherwise meangreen on here sells heavy duty verisons of the harness' too. hope this helps

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got DDMs that I've had on my Regal for 2+ years. I have had absolutely no problems with them on the stock wiring. I have the 35 watt ones because of the small housing they go in. Even the 55 watt can run on the stock wiring, however the harness is kind of one of those things that is never a bad thing to do. You can make your own homemade one fairly easy as well.

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
I've installed or personally used over 50 sets from ddm. You only need to select the temp, the bulb, and the wattage. All the other stuff isn't needed. The kits come with a mounting kit already, so I don't have a clue why they'd offer you to pay for it too...

Do you know about the temps and colors? Just making sure.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
The harnesses are for vehicles that don't have enough electrical oomph to fire the bulbs with the stock headlight wiring. GMT400's are fine.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
you dont need a harness but they are nice and once you use one.....you almost dont wanna do them without one lol...not sure what ddms price on them are but you can get em on epay for 8.75

Reaction score
you dont need a harness but they are nice and once you use one.....you almost dont wanna do them without one lol...not sure what ddms price on them are but you can get em on epay for 8.75

DDM wants $15.00 for a harness.

Reaction score
I've installed or personally used over 50 sets from ddm. You only need to select the temp, the bulb, and the wattage. All the other stuff isn't needed. The kits come with a mounting kit already, so I don't have a clue why they'd offer you to pay for it too...

Do you know about the temps and colors? Just making sure.

Yeah I am going to go with 35w 5000k for my lows and 55w 5000k for my highs

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
Not too sound like a broken record but the relay harness isnt required for a gmt400 , If you want the extra insurance I would buy the HD headlight harness from Mean Green even if its more expensive it also comes with Hi4 built in .